Where Life Makes Sense

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Umm Um

The last few times I have caught 'Dateline NBC' they have been doing this undercover sting on sexual predators. I am all for catching these men (in all cases) but it does make for downer TV. I mean, how much mileage can you get out of ambushing a bunch of morally indignant men? Some of these guys are so stupid too, like run dude! Instead they sit down to be interviewed on national TV. What won't people do for their 15 mins?
Today was a perfect day. I went swimming and did 1600 m (1 mile) in a bit under 40 mink. That is a whole 2 mink off my previous best time. Considering that it took me almost 3 months to shave off 3 mink off the original personal best it is quite an accomplishment for a hack like me. Then I went to pleasurable which I used to think was lame but now I realize that I am actually interacting with my kid and making sure that she is safe and having fun rather than sitting huddled in a corner denying that my kid is a totally obnoxious specimen that I refuse to acknowledge. And if you think that is a harsh statement - there are actually worse things I could say about 'Skunken' the aforementioned specimen.
If you think the day couldn't get better then you are WRONG. I got home, made little Missy a fab lunch, which she enjoyed without objection. Then she went down with out a peep and I was able to get in a 3 mile speed work run. THEN, I cleaned the yard for almost an hour before eating a now meaningless lunch and having a quick rinse before she woke up. GOD, does it get any better? Then we had a visit from the carpet cleaner who is going to do the job for less that I expected (bonus) and took a very pleasant walk to the park. Upon return I checked my mail and found a spanking new issue of US Mag which proclaimed on it's cover that Chestica Simpson and Lindsay HoHan are in a fight! The glory of it all! When will it end?
Top it off with a glass of wine and Missy going to bed at a decent time and this day has been a peach!
Since there is nothing I can possibly add,
Ciao!R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home