Where Life Makes Sense

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Miss Me?

We made if back last night. It was a long, long drive. I think Barney, the Wiggles and Elmo will visit me in my dreams for a few nights to come. But, thanks for the DVD invention - absolutely crucial.
I was able to visit my old friend from high school. I had a great time catching up with her and I really like her husband. He is quiet but friendly and seems to enjoy us too. Some of my friends husbands are not people I wish to hang out with and I am sure they say the same about me. It was a nice day with them and they have a great place and seem to be doing well in all areas. Then we had a lunch with friends of ours who just had their 3rd baby. I haven't seen them in 5 years, and they are actually Dean's friends. So I guess we both had mini-high school reunions and it was fun to see their little family.
Once we got in to our summer home we had a ton of cleaning and little things to do. It was a really nice couple of days and now if Dean goes for a guys weekend there won't be hundreds of dead, decaying bugs on the carpet. We got some shopping in too, I finally got my flat screen TV! I am so spoiled. Luckily, BFF Dean likes to spend the cashola.
Got home last night in time to do a bunch of laundry and get Dean packed up to leave again today for a few days. At least it is nice here and we can probably get out to the park and for some walks. I need to get in my long run soon, I will try for Sunday. I feel like I am not ready for the race at all. The foot is doing great but I am worried the last 3 miles will be really hard to get through. If that is the case then I will just have to focus on the shopping and dining and visiting with my friends. The race is really far down on the list of things planned that weekend. It will be nice for dean and I to hang out without the little appendage too.

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home