Where Life Makes Sense

Friday, March 24, 2006

Speedy Creek=Optical Illusion

I have noticed a little something of interest about Speedy Creek. Most people that wear glasses have really cool, stylish and funky pairs. This may seem like a useless observation but in juxtaposition will the lack of other modern amenities it is utterly fascinating. I honestly didn't know that styles like this even existed...And coming from my vast knowledge of things to wear this really surprises me. But something else just sprang to mind. There seem to be a disproportionate number of people wearing glasses. Maybe they are not aware of Lasik? Just a thought. An out-loud thought at that.

My good friends the Crackentires took my little kid and me for dinner tonight. I had one of the best variations of the countless Greek salads available here. The actual salad is not much to sneeze at but there is more than one olive and the dressing is so good. Had some yard-bird on top too. My little kid ate about one lasagna noodle and 50 cucumber slices. I think we are making progress with the vegetable intake.

Swimming today was good. Water was warm, just the way I like it. There were a bunch of high school girls changing for class and talking about how fat their hips were. God I miss high school.

The walk to get the mail was pretty deadly. The wind was - not kidding- at least 40mph. And cold? I don't know what I was thinking. To top it off the little kid didn't want to come in which made for a messy ending to the walk. Everyone knows I hate to be cold. Really- more than anything. I would choose heat over food, wine, sex and money.

Sore throat on the left side emerging just in time to start running again. I hope it doesn't turn into something worse. I would hate to be sidelined another week because of a cold or something stupid. My foot is about 85% now so I am only 15% unhappy!

BBF Dean's team is in tough but I know if anyone can rally the bad news bears it is him.
Ciao, R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home