Where Life Makes Sense

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Anyone Miss Me?

I am back. And congratulations to me, I am the laziest person in Speedy Creek. And out of 16,500 that is quite an accomplishment. Not only does my little kid go to daycare but I gave my dog away because she was bothering me and making me work too hard.

Other than that sob story I do have good news. I got lots of things I have been wanting for the last 2 weeks. It has been hard waiting but I got my puffy jacket, new jeans and a new ring to replace the void of my lost wedding ring.

The Jeans: Rock & Republic. Dark wash. I tried on about 100 pairs only to purchase my 7th pair of Seven jeans. After taking them home and thinking about it all night long I returned and exchanged them for the R&R's. Now they are washed and getting hemmed so no turning back. The Sevens definitely made my flapjack ass look better but I admit I was sucked in by the fact that the R&R's were a size smaller than my normal size thus giving the illusion that I am actually thinner than I appear. Make sense?

The Ring: With the time to drop Olive off at her new home looming I stopped into Birks and salivated over many pieces in the Estate collection. Reasoning with myself that I deserved a little something to cover my horrific tattoo I purchased a Biker Chic band. I like it, but it is a smidgen too big. Anyone know how to just gain weight on your ring finger? Ha.

The Puffy Jacket: Got it for a steal, should keep me warm in this godforsaken place for months to come.

Also got various t-shirts and a pair of red pants. I really like red pants for some reason. I had a pair from Club Monaco years ago and I bet I wore them 1000 times.

Today I did my speedwork (4 miles) and then went swimming. I only did 800m though as I was antsy to get doing a few errands. The day went fast and next thing I know I was begging and bribing my little kid to come home with me.

I am sure this feeling will go away soon but I am feeling out of control and like a big fat failure. And for a final boo hoo, I am getting a cold. It is fitting that I am watching my favorite show right now - The Biggest Loser. I guess I should look at the bright side - at least my husband isn't in the military and I don't have 100lbs to lose before he comes home. Now that is pressure my friends.

So, I have another day off tomorrow and I was hoping to get in my long run but now that I feel the death shadow on me (aches, sore throat, fever, headache, stuffed face) I bet I am going to be hanging in my PJ's most of the day. Now I am going to be a full week behind in my training.

I promise tomorrow I will actually post something other than whiney drivel.

R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home