Where Life Makes Sense

Thursday, August 17, 2006

The New Me.

I have decided not to censor myself any longer. Truth be told, I was a little worried that my readership may include family members. So, now that I am either: a) confident that they won't mysteriously stumble upon this site, or b) could give a shit if they do - I vow to be honest and forthcoming in my observations.

So, in less than a week I will be sitting at home in Speedy Creek. Summer will be a memory and I will be diligently catching up with friends, weeding my yard and hosting a series of late summer BBQ's. This is a big part of my life and I really enjoy the absolute mundanity (new word?) of it all. My BBF is always trying to make my life easier (by ordering veggie platters or buying frozen meats) but I am really stimulated by planning parties and cooking new things. And nothing gets me more excited than a bucket full of freshly pulled weeds - roots unblemished. Ahhhh, boring as hell you say?

This time of year is an unusually melancholy time too. My birthday is approaching and I am strangely looking forward to it for once. Maybe it is because after 30 it takes a while to realize you are not the hot one anymore, there is always someone younger and you truly need to give up the past to enjoy the future. Please..don't get me wrong though. I am always going to pursue the anti-aging arts and maintain my body as best I can. In fact, Botox is in the budget. If I never get another handbag, that is okay with me. Good thing I don't have another baby in the plans or it would regretfully be named Restylane.
BFF is back tomorrow to pack up the house with me. I have a mild cold and am losing motivation to do this triathlon on Sunday. Training has been a complete minimum the last 2 weeks. I will *try* my hardest to get over myself and do what I said I was going to do.

Other than that, my two year old little kid is now officially an a$$hole most of the time. Hope this phase passes.
R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home