Where Life Makes Sense

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Tasty Thursday

Thursdays are really one of my all time favorite days. I am not sure why exactly but I strongly suspect that is has something to do with the emergence of 'must see TV' in the early 90's. Plus it is my day off and the little kid is probably bossing the other kids around at daycare today.

First up - review of the Grammy's last night. I must say although I really don't care for Madge, she was pretty good last night as the opening act. She shared the stage with the animated Gorrilaz and they were pretty cool. Madge does not look a day over 40 from the neck up but her bod is another thing. She is amazing, defiantly puts the pups like Mooriah (mooooo) and Xtina Aguillera (saggy at 26?) to shame. It's called Yoga girls - check it out. And speaking of Mooriah, what the heck was she wearing on her head? She apparently uses Andre Leon Tally (stylist to God and Vogue) but she needs to seriously clear out her hanger-ons and get some new peeps to pick out her clothes. And Mooriah, you are not supposed to wear a 6 when you are so clearly in the double digits. I am on the fence about Kanye West. I like his music but he seems like such a loser. Nice gloves, they looked like they came from the OJ Simpson trial.

After dropping of little kid I picked up a few groceries for the chopped salad and dinner. I also picked up a small ham (breakfast protein) and didn't happen to look at the price. I noticed after coming home that the thing (2lbs) was $23! Yikes, the ham is going back. This is one of those little details I warned about.

Socks review - I love the injinji's. I ran my tempo run this morning and they didn't feel strange. They do look strange, like you are wearing gloves on your feet. BBF Dean was sure that my Freddy Flintstone toes wouldn't fit into the 'fingers' but they fit me just fine. I only ran 4 miles so it is hard to say if they really helped the toe problem or not but I will do a 10 miler in the next few weeks to test it out.

After I watch Days of our Lives (DOOL) I will head to the mall to return my ham and maybe order a couple books I have been wanting to read. Then my day off comes to an end. Looking forward to a nice dinner tonight and some good tv watching.
Ciao, r

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home