Where Life Makes Sense

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

MY BFF is Home

Welcome home to BFF Dean. This morning my little kid and I went swimming. She had fun and loves her personal babysitter Justin. I was able to get in 1200m in 34 mins. Or somewhere there abouts. I lost (misplaced) my heart rate monitor watch so I have to squint at the clock and subract minutes so the time could actually be closer to 40 mins if you factor in human error. I am sure my missing watch is living it in seclusion with my missing wedding rings. That part of my brain that disappeared while I was pregnant has not yet returned so not only am I a bad speller, I am now permanently forgetful and disorganized. Unfortunately Olive the dog has not been lost or misplaced.

I was also able to get in the run that was sidelined yesterday. I did the speed work portion of the training. 4x400m with a 2 mile jog after. BFF Dean arrived with the new injinji socks just as I was finishing up so I will post a review of them after tomorrow's tempo run. I hope these socks are the answer to my chronically sore toe.

Wednesday is garbage day here in Speedy Creek. I am pleased to report that it was actually picked up today. Usually it sits anywhere from 24-72 hours. Normally this isn't a problem for me. I do find it somewhat amusing to check from time to time to see if my cans are blowing* around in the school playground several blocks away. Other than that I don't think too much about the garbage.
*not sure if I mentioned this or not but the wind blows 20 hours a day here.

I have been craving a chop chop salad lately so tomorrow on my day off I will go get all the fixin's for that and do a few other errands. I am much more relaxed now that my tenants have paid the rent. I will also be cooking dinner tomorrow night for BBF, the first time in a long time. I had tacos on the menu but that somehow seems like a white trash dinner that we usually have when he has been home lots. So I will put a little more thought in on that.

Ciao, r

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home